Larry D. Loiselle
Route 2 Box 75-G
Manor, Texas 78653
Home: (512) 272-5770
Technical Writer, RFD Inc., Austin, Texas
- Using Microsoft Word and Riverton Software Company's HOW, produced, maintained, and published documentation outlining the business and system activities, use cases, use case views, domains, and business rules for the benefit programs administered by the Texas Department of Human Services. Wrote a document on "Creating Documentation Using Riverton Software Corporation's HOW and Microsoft Word" that was used for training purposes. Project ended on 12/23/99.
- Worked on producing documentation for a user's guide and help files for a complaints system (LOTRIS) for the Texas Lottery Commission.
- Reviewed a 300+ page User’s Guide, Maintenance Guide and Contracts Guide for Venice Systems (purchasing software) for accuracy, change, and update. Made appropriate changes to the documentation and created new screen shots. Also, tested the functionality of the software, reported bugs, and recommended appropriate changes. Recently documented a new interface between Venice Systems and MIP/NPS and produced a small twenty-five page user’s manual to supplement the Venice Systems User’s Manual. Also, I wrote a small thirty-five-page user's manual for the Online Vendor Approval and Bid Opening system for the State of Ohio. This is a supplement to the Venice Systems User's Manual they are using.
- Using MS Word, MS Access, and MS Excel I extracted contract requirements from a 385-page contract document (Radio Dispatch project - TRW). The requirements were then entered into a project manager's data bases using Doors (QSS Inc.) and priorities, types of action, and affected parties were assigned. I also entered the functional requirements into the database for the Austin Fire Department and EMS.
- Served as the documentation specialist on a large project with the State Disbursement Unit of the Texas Office of Attorney General and Lockheed Martin IMS. Participated in joint application development sessions and joint requirement planning sessions. I also documenting project requirements.
- Worked on a project with the Department of Public Safety documenting a mainframe system using a Model 204 database. The documentation included a high-level system design document, program documentation (data dictionary, edit rules, and data flow diagrams), and a user's guide for the Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunication System and Texas GANG database users.
Technical Editor, 29th Street Press (Duke Communications, International), Loveland, Colorado
- Contracted as a technical editor with the 29th Street Press to edit a new book on A+ Certification test preparation. Contracted with Hudlogic, Inc. to add some objectives, summary, and activity sections to this book after I have finished the technical review for 29th Street Press.
Technical Writer, Hudlogic, Inc., Round, Rock, Texas
- Assisted in the writing and preparation of training manuals and other materials for network test equipment (10base2 and 10base-T cabling) for use with training in the use of the Fluke DSP-2000 Cable Analyzer and the Fluke OneTouch Network Assistant.
- Also, I contracted with them to prepare slide presentations for an A+ Certification training classes using PowerPoint. This is related to new book on A+ Certification from 29th Street Press.
Senior QA Tester (Software), Steck-Vaughn Co. (Consultis)
- As a contract employee was involved in testing a complex suite of educational software for career assessment and testing. The duties involved developing test scripts (reverse engineering and from specifications), regressing bugs, destructive testing and full documentation of bugs for review and design clarification. Used Excel to develop scripts, Filemaker Pro to document bugs, and Microsoft Word to record results of testing in the Test Plan/Results. Assisted in developing the data dictionary for the main program. Assisted in writing a handbook for Software Testing Analysts that includes a template for bug reporting, a template for test scripts (ISO 9003 compatible), and standard operating procedures. Responsible for maintaining the test plan.
Web Site Development/Maintenance
- Currently on contract to develop and maintain a web site for the Texas State Human Resources Association.
- Developed the Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation (TDMHMR), Human Resource Services’ web site. Converted the 900+ page HR Operating Instructions into HTML for publication on the Web.
- Seven years of experience in PC programming and software development, including writing four electronic bulletin board systems and over a dozen support and doors programs.
- Fifteen years of experience in designing, writing and enhancing report formats and programs on a mainframe system (human resources, equal employment opportunity, affirmative action).
- Project manager for the Texas Education Agency's successful and timely conversion to the State's Integrated Employee Benefits System and the Uniform Statewide Payroll - Personnel System. Administered the Agency's security interface to these systems and the Uniform Statewide Accounting System.
- Participated as a subject matter expert in joint application development sessions for the Texas Education Agency’s Enterprise Model, Financial Management System, and Time and Effort System. Served as member of the Agency's Risk Mgt., Security, and Disaster Recovery Committee and Technical Standards Committee
Human Resources Management
- Extensive experience in all phases of Human Resources management including: recruitment, placement, compensation, benefits, classifications, employee relations, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and Federal and State reporting.
- Extensive supervisory and management experience including experience as a division director. Experience included planning, policy and procedure writing, program development, administration, budgeting, and reporting.
- Extensive experience in writing operating procedures, policies, investigative reports, and proposed legislation.
Training and Staff Development
- Assisted Hudlogic, Inc. in developing training exercises for network test equipment (10base2 and 10base-T cabling) for use with training in the use of the Fluke DSP-2000 Cable Analyzer and the Fluke OneTouch Network Assistant. Also, I contracted with them to prepare slide presentations for A+ Certification training classes using PowerPoint.
- Developed the Texas Education Agency's first Staff Development Unit, including Staff Development Plan (approved by the Governor’s Office). Instituted an agreement with the Austin Community College to provide on-site classes at the Texas Education Agency facilities.
- Trained new Human Resource Officers at the TDMHMR in of employee relations, equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, and web site development. Assisted in making presentations in selection procedures and complaint investigation at our annual conferences.
RFD & Associates Inc., Austin, Texas
- Technical Writer (10/99- 9/01)
Steck-Vaughn Company, Austin, Texas
- Senior QA Tester (3/99 – 10/99)
29th Street Press, Loveland, Colorado
Texas State Human Resources Association, Austin, Texas
- Web Site Development/Maintenance (10/98 - Present)
Hudlogic Incorporated, Round Rock, Texas
- Technical Writer (5/98 – 1/99)
Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation, Austin, Texas
- Director of Employee Relations [4/95- 3/98]
Texas Education Agency, Austin, Texas
- Director, Operations Technical Information Support [4/93-1/95]
- Director of Human Resources [12/81-4/93]
- Assistant Director of Personnel and Staff Development [4/78-12/81]
- Personnel Technician [10/76-4/78]
Michigan Department of Management and Budget
- Model Evaluation Program Coordinator [7/76-10/76]
- Assistant Personnel Director [12/71-7/76]
Michigan Employment Security Commission
- Personnel Methods Technician [3/71-12/71]
General Electric Credit Corporation
- Collection Manager [10/70-3/71]
United States Air Force, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
- Personnel Specialist [5/66-12/69]
- Operating Systems: DOS 3.0-6.22, Windows 3.1/3.11/95/98/ME, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and Server, and Windows 2000
- Languages: Pascal, SAS, GES (SQL with Cobol logic), HTML, and RPF (Roscoe Programming Facility)
- Software: MS Word, PC Write, WordPerfect, and limited experience with MS Access, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Filemaker Pro, Visio Technical/2000 PE; Riverton Software Corporation's HOW, and QSS Corporation's Doors.
- A+ Certification: DOS, MS Windows, and PC Setup/Repair (Computing Technology Industry Association) – 10/98
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), MS Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and Server (Microsoft Corporation) – 11/98 - 12/00 (Expired)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor of Science Degree from Michigan State University (1970) with a major in Psychology - Other areas of concentration: Sociology, Mathematics, and Business. Also took six additional semester hours of credit from Lansing Community College in Management.
- Training in A+ Certification, Administering Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 95 (Introduction and Intermediate), Supporting Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Core Technologies, and Networking Essentials through Executrain of Austin.
- Introduction to Deploying MS Windows 2000 Professional for IT Professionals and the Installation and Configuration of Windows 2000 as a File, Print, and Web Server through Executrain of Austin.
- Training in SAS and GES (SQL with Cobol logic) Programming, and Information Systems planning and development.
- Training in HTML programming, PERL, and Web Site Development/Maintenance through the University of Texas at Austin.
Training in Human Resource Management, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Affirmative Action. Recent training in collaboration, negotiation, and mediation skills (Chorda Conflict Management, Inc.).
- U. S. Air Force, 75th Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, Tactical Air Command, 5/66-12/69, Honorable Discharge, Personnel Specialist (Sgt. 73250). Awarded the following decorations: National Defense Service Medal, Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, and Outstanding Unit Award.